Monday, January 4, 2010

Your Secret Pal, Fern...Sue

In keeping with the resolution (yay!) I decided to post pictures of something that I've made. Unfortunately, I didn't have time to make anything new ( a three day week is a little too short for me) so I'm posting something I've already made, my daughters mobile.

diy mobile

This is the bottom view, I hand sewed flowers, birdies, and a butterfly in the center to go with her room decor. I did them in contrasting colors/patterns to make it interesting for her and give her something different to look at.

Here's the side view:

Photobucket

I made it using an embroidery hoop, ribbon, felt, yarn, hot glue, and a needle and thread. I made little patterns with sketching paper so all the little plushies would be the same, more or less.
It was a big hit with Maxie.

Anyway,

I've always had a fascination with vintage but never lived close enough to either 1. a thrift store with a good selection or 2. a vintage store with reasonable prices. Well, Hallelujah my prayers have been answered! My Beau took me to an amazing little vintage boutique on the bridge to the beach. It's called Debutante Vintage and it's a veritable treasure trove full of clothes, shoes, accessories, trinkets, etcetera.

Because I've been trying to revamp my style and wardrobe, I bought a few pieces I could mix in to keep things interesting: A pair of vintage powder blue gloves, a pair of white gloves with lace detail at the wrist, a fur scarf (faux of course, though to be honest, I wouldn't shy away from the real thing,) a leopard cinch belt, and a few bangles. The bangles are so awesome and interesting, one is even engraved, it reads what it says on this post's title. I love pieces with a history. I would have posted pictures of everything but my damn camera won't connect to the computer and the laptop's SD slot won't recognize SDHC cards. Such is my life. As soon as I can though I will!

EDIT:

I've finally been able to upload pictures of my lovely loot. If anyone happens to see this and has any suggestions for how I could wear this, please leave a comment!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Ciao!

Phénix

No comments:

Post a Comment