Thursday, January 7, 2010

Marinate


I've taken the last couple of days to think about my previous post and have decided to sort of brainstorm for inspiration- to try to define my style- so that I can be more focused when I start my projects. Every artist needs that, right?

Light pink and black. Lace, velvet, leather... If I had to choose three adjectives to describe my current taste, I would choose feminine, sexy, macabre. I guess if I had to go with a label ( of which I'm not too fond, I find them limiting) I'd say gothic Lolita. Kind of. Think Tim Burton film meets a Sophia Coppola film, they fall in love and have black and pastel pink clad babies. Hm, I'm rather satisfied with that analogy. Sweet, dark, melancholy, dangerous, tempting...

Lately, I've been looking through images to give me a bit of inspiration and this is what I've come up with:






Rose- Mark Ryden






Cloister Graveyard in the Snow-
Caspar David Friedrich






Flirt- Alphonse Mucha





Guns- Andy Warhol







Jeanne Kéfer- Fernand Khnopff






two pics of French Anemones






More to come later!

Ciao!
Phénix

No comments:

Post a Comment