Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Genesis

Life happened to me all at 0nce. Within a week, I had graduated College, earned my bachelors degree in French, and given birth to my first daughter, Maxine. Indeed, within seven days my identity had drastically changed. So much so that I have realized in these short four months that I'm in need of a major self rediscovery.

Now, I love my daughter more than life itself, but this isn't about her. It's about me. About becoming the person I want to be so I can be the mother she deserves. Now, I will more than likely mention her every now and then, but this isn't one of those parent-obsessed-with-their-kid Blogs. It is a tool for rebirth. And if someone would like to tag along for the ride, so be it.

It's high time for this phoenix to rise out of the ashes. Here I go.

No comments:

Post a Comment