Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Thoroughly Modern Mommy

Sorry for the long absence!! I've been so incredibly busy and unfortunately uninspired. I'm slowly getting out of that rut, though, thanks to large doses of Turner Classic Movies and F. Scott Fitzgerald. Yup, it's exactly what it sounds like.

I've become irrevocably obsessed with the Jazz Age, Les Années Folles, The Art Deco movement... The nineteen twenties-early thirties. I bought a fabulous coffee table book at B&N on Art Deco graphic art and it pretty much cinched my love affair with the time period.

I've always loves the twenties and flappers, but I kind of forgot about it and how frikkin' awesome it was. Sooo glad I reconnected! There are so many beautiful piece of art, dance, architecture, films, fashion! This is definitely an instance where a time of plenty brought about incredible wealth in culture and art. Le sigh. Another era to add to my list of LOOOVES.

I'll be back soon to post artwork from and of the 1920's.

Oh, and I know I haven't posted anything of mine yet, that is still a sloooow process. Ah, the joys of being a mother!

Ciao,
Phénix


Ps. Don't worry Belle Époque, Sixties, and post-war 1940's, I haven't forgotten about you!

No comments:

Post a Comment